10303 Perkins Ave N. Stillwater TWP, MN 55082
4 Bed | 3 Bath | 2,693 sq. ft. | $525,000 | MLS#4830829
Why We Love It
1. The Tranquility. The house is built on a combination of 3.5 acres of oak woods and savannah. It is perched above the St. Croix River Valley and is set back over 200 feet from the road. At the end of a long day or challenging week, it is a consistent source of retreat and renewal.
2. Creative Space. A step-down living room with a 16' vaulted redwood ceiling is adjacent to the dining room. Both are separate from the spacious galley kitchen. Opposite the kitchen is a step-down family room with Heat&Glo gas fireplace. It is a superb place to entertain, and a fabulous retreat in which to be creative and reflective.
3. Character. This house has a distinct personality with its elegantly modern character. It provides a place of sanctuary as well as a place of productivity and for connecting with family and friends.
4. The Abundance of Wildlife. This home has been graced with songbirds and woodpeckers, red foxes and flocks of turkey. Deer can be found frequently sleeping on the ridge just outside of the deck. Nature is just right outside your doorstep.
5. Natural Light. Windows allow natural light to filter in from sunrise to sunset via floor to ceiling windows to the east and southeast as well as the bathroom skylights. Sliding doors open to the three decks that wrap around the east side of the house, letting in the morning light and the sounds of bird songs at dawn.
What You Need to Know
Located just off of Saint Croix Trail, this stunning 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom, 2 car garage has 2,693 SQ. ft. of contemporary style with panoramic views. Currently, the home is in the boundaries for Stonebridge Elementary, Stillwater Junior, and Stillwater Junior High.
Tucked among mature oak trees, the naturalness greets you as you walk up to the modern style home. Through the front door, you instantly notice the rich and rare eucalyptus hardwood floors. The open step-down living room has beautiful redwood vaulted ceilings. The formal dining area receives plenty of natural light from the sliding glass door that provides access to one of the 3 wrap around decks.
The Galley style kitchen has stainless steel appliances, butcher block countertops, double ovens, eat-in kitchen and plenty of space for storage. Adjacent to the kitchen is the step-down upstairs family room with inviting gas fireplace and redwood ceiling that expands as the backdrop for the room.
The master bedroom is the epitome of luxury and efficiency with a private deck and a three-quarter ensuite that is lined with warm hardwood. Two cozy bedrooms and a full bathroom complete the main floor.
The lower level has the second family room with great acoustics so watching a rambunctious ball game does not interfere with the serenity upstairs. Down the hall are the three-quarter bath and separate laundry room that has ample room for multi-tasking. The spacious office provides the perfect seclusion for work projects, research, or paying the bills.
Walk outside on one of the three decks and let nature surround you. Watch the wildlife while sipping on a cup of coffee or listen to the sounds of crickets chirping or owls hooting. The oak trees and abundance of wildlife make it seem like you are living in a treehouse.
Minutes from downtown Stillwater, easy access to the Gateway Trail, Pioneer Park and only twenty minutes from the Twin Cities, this incredibly natural and modern home makes the transition between inside and outside seamless. Welcome to your retreat home.
To see all of OUR FEATURED LISTINGS, click on the link.